Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Fool Circle II

The placement week has ended and it has left me heavy with a lot of last minute mugged jargons and numbers But more importantly it has left me introspective, trying to answer all those HR questions which most Fortune 500 companies would ask you in their interviews or application forms:

What are your long term goals? How do you see yourself 10years from now? What is your purpose in life? Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?

And every time I sat answering these questions I knew something was wrong. Its not that I can’t faff, infact I can do that quite gracefully, anyone who knows me can vouch for that!

But what troubled me was that I really didn’t have a clue as to what my long term goals are in material terms? Now I am not talking about spiritual or Meta physical goals. I am talking about numbers, about the real world material stuff. I don’t have any idea as to which organisation I would like to lead or how much bank balance would satisfy me?

So as most MBA’s would do when they don’t have a clue to what they are looking for (and when google is of no help either), I widened my search and started analyzing my behavior and all the incidents which keep happening with me and all that I have desired or wished and chased in the past 25 years of my life.

And what I discovered is both amazingly startling and chilling.

No comments: