Sunday, February 12, 2006

In trance....



It’s so weird! isn’t it?......that things which we want to forget or wish to forget actually never gets deleted from our mind. So many times I have believed that I have been able to forget them and was comfortably ignorant. But I was wrong. All it took was a lonely night and 10 minutes of rain to bring back all those memories fresh in my mind as if it happened just yesterday.

It is 4:30 am in the morning & I am still wide awake. Still trying to fine tune my newly constructed weblog. I am quite tired with 4 days of night-outs with my studies and one day of fever. But somehow I don’t feel like going to bed. I am out of cigarettes, 6 hours back I still had an entire pack of it on my table but now it is empty (and there’s no chance of borrowing it either from Arka or Kiran as they are both fast asleep)…..also lying on my table are two empty cans of Diet Coke. Even my water bottle is empty which means I have to go out and refill it again. All these newly discovered constraints suddenly made me feel sleepy and I lay back on my chair and closed my eyes.

I have to call up mom. Its been two days since I last called and she must be worrying as my cell is inaccessible.
I need to book my tickets also for the next term break and Oh! Yes before I forget I have to complete my FM II assignment also, before 18:58 hrs tomorrow (deadline set by my neighbor Firdaus, who should get a six sigma certification for his lifestyle, everything about him seems like clockwork)


And then suddenly her face flashes in front of me, as an unwanted pop-up advertisement.
I wish it goes away but it doesn’t. She looks at me and starts smiling. I try to control myself thinking its nothing but musings of a semi-tranced mind. But the trance seems to get stronger on me. I go back to the day when I first met her. And everything appears to be so clearly saved in my mind. Each day, each moment, every incident, every joke that we shared, every fight that we had, her smile, her laughter, her getting angry on me, her favorite dialogues and how I used to make fun of them……starts raining through me…….All at Once !!
That one moment I felt like having re-lived the entire story once again.


I can hear the sound of rain lashing on my balcony. Its already dawn and the first rays of sunlight have started to lighten up this beautiful
Kampus.

There are times when you have a feeling, a feeling of content even without a reason. Like the beautiful sunrise from the corridor of B-Top, or like rain lashing the picture perfect hills across the horizon, the beautiful small houses and the narrow winding roads across them.
Well Discovery Channel says that rain water is nothing but naturally recycled water. But today it brought with it something more than just that.

The rain didn’t last long, hardly for 10 minutes. But for those moments it did, it completely drenched me.




Photo: Nitesh Solanki

1 comment:

pratikchowdhury.blogspot.com said...

Abhik, I guess that was the effect of reading my blog after the 2 hour HRM session.....:D